5 Natural Ways To Reduce Life’s Laughter Lines
For most people who realise that their skin is starting to wrinkle, it can be a harsh reality check that they are aging. Aging is inevitable, of course, but looking older is optional. Life gives us laughter lines, worry lines, lines that show that gravity is doing its job. Using natural skincare is one thing that you should already be doing to keep your skin nourished, hydrated, and rich in antioxidants. It’s not the only thing that you should be concentrating on, though.
Delaying the appearance of wrinkles is likely your priority – who doesn’t want to look young for as long as possible? You can book yourself an appointment with davidhalpernmd.com for facials and Botox. These fixes work, but if you’re looking to scale back your budget and do something natural for your skin, then you need to check out the five habits that you should adopt to reduce wrinkles below.
- Skin care has basics! You’ve probably heard them all if you have a good routine already. Your skin needs to be massaged with sunscreen daily, you can’t smoke, and you can’t drink. You also shouldn’t go to bed with yesterday’s makeup on – we all do it at least once and we all regret it the next day. These are the very basics of you’re need to nourish your skin.
- Sleep well! It’s tougher when you have a highly stressful job or a family, but a good, solid night of sleep is crucial for the health of your skin. Aim for 7-9 hours per night and you should ensure that you get this if you can. If you’re able to, try to stay on your back. Pillow creases are unbecoming. There’s nothing more enhancing for wrinkles than a tired face, so let’s avoid that shall we.
- Natural collagen boost! Collagen is protein in your skin and it gives your face structure. The sagging that happens to your skin much later, inviting in wrinkles, is due to the breakdown of that collagen. So, it makes sense that you should boost your collagen naturally in your diet. Bone broth, green veg and egg whites are excellent protein sources that can help to support your skin.
- Stress relief matters! Life is stressful, we all know that. But stress is horrendous for your skin! Try a session or yoga or meditation every day and you can start reducing your stress levels and being kinder to your skin.
- Hold onto moisture! Eating a diet full of Omega-3 fatty acids can help your skin hang onto the moisture in the cells. Flaxseed, chia seeds, walnuts and certain fatty fish can help your skin feel calm and smooth.
Your skin is on show to the world and the elements at all times, and you need to ensure that at all times you are thinking about your skin and how you want to look after it. Reduce your wrinkles and keep everyone guessing your age – it’s a fun game and keeps you looking youthful.